One of the funniest parody accounts on Twitter took center stage on Tuesday afternoon to dish what many assumed would be another batch of his normally hilarious tweets.
What his followers got was a little dose, perhaps for the first time in the history of the account, of what the real Bo Pelini might actually be thinking.
If nothing else, it was an eye opener and food for thought directed at those calling for the firing of the embattled Nebraska head coach.
Here is a sample of some of his tweets:
- I’m sorry that you’re allowed to be offended by stuff I said to two people in a private conversation two years ago.
- I’m sorry you say you don’t want a coach who yells and curses, when actually you just don’t want a coach who yells and curses and LOSES.
- I’M SORRY THAT IF WE WENT 14-0 LAST YEAR YOU WOULD BE DEFENDING MY PASSION AND NOT CRYING LIKE A WUSSBAG.
- I’M SORRY YOU PRETEND IT MATTERS IF I LIKE YOU OR YOU LIKE ME. IF I WIN YOU WILL FIND REASONS TO LOVE ME AND IF I LOSE YOU WILL HATE ME.
- I’M SORRY I HAVE A NEW BOSS BECAUSE I THINK HE MIGHT BE A PENIS.
- BUT MOST OF ALL, I’M SORRY THAT I’M NOT REALLY SORRY. HAVE A NICE DAY.
Somewhere, Bo Pelini is reading the tweets and thinking to himself “If only I could say this at a press conference.”
BY J.P. SCOTT ON SEPTEMBER 17, 2013