This is the latest installment of Know It All Football’s NFL Power Rankings. The result are based off of the average of the writers who participated and ranked their own top ten. These rankings will be updated weekly.
1. Denver Broncos — Denver remains in the top spot after dispatching the Raiders in an easy win. Next up is a potential shootout with Chip Kelly’s Eagles.
2. Seattle Seahawks — Seattle holds onto the No. 2 spot with a laugher over Jacksonville. They look like the class of the NFC right now. They’ll travel to Houston this weekend for a game that could be closer than some think.
3. New Orlean Saints — The Saints are quietly inching onto everyone’s radar and up our power rankings. They be on display for the whole nation to see Monday night as the host the undefeated Dolphins.
4. Kansas City Chiefs — I’ve seen a couple of defenses as good as KC’s, but I haven’t seen any better in 2013. They’ll turn it loose against arguable the worst offensive line in football when the Giants come to town this weekend.
5. New England Patriots — Don’t look now, but after all the receiving woes, the Patriots were able to post a sound win and get production from a young receiving corps. They’ll only get better as the season goes on. For now, they’ll travel to Atlanta for their toughest test to date.
6. Cincinnati Bengals — The Bengals are just about what we thought they’d be — not great anywhere but solid everywhere. They’ll head to Cleveland for a key AFC North battle this weekend.
7. Chicago Bears — It’s amazing what happens when you give Jay Cutler time to find receivers and install and offense that exploits Matt Forte‘s talents. Having a ball-hawking defense doesn’t hurt either. They’ll be tested at Detroit this weekend.
8. Green Bay Packers — This team cannot afford to get caught in too many more shootouts. At some point, they’ll have to stay healthy at running back and make some key stops on defense if they want to make it to the postseason.
9. Miami Dolphins — Nobody can really pinpoint how or why, but they keep winning and you can’t argue with the results. We’ll see if their inexplicable run can continue Monday night in The Big Easy.
10. Houston Texans — The Texans looked awful in losing to the Ravens, but there is just too much talent on this team for them to get bottled up like that every week. They’ll need to pull it together quickly with the Seahawks coming to town.
Others receiving votes: Colts, 49ers, Ravens, Cowboys, Panthers
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 26, 2013
Follow @KIAFootball on Twitter.